Dasanee, Marilyb, Quin-seen-um and Vbigail

Original post October 17, 2005

We all know about unisex names. I, for one, really hate them. But we can all generally agree on what are boy's names and what are girl's names. Right? Well, the parents of Stevie Nicole, Tommie Kalynn (Tommy Colin?), and Ruby Michael would apparently disagree.

And then there are some parents who just can't seem to decide on a name, so they give their kids way more names than they need. For example: Cherysh Angelina Mayjean Dores, Dreah Marilyb Iris Rocksanne, DeMaur Izayah-De'Shaun, Quin-seen-um Prince James, and Wanmbli Sapa Awanyanka Hoksila. My own name has only eighteen letters in it and is STILL a bloody pain to write in on forms. Can you imagine these poor kids on their SATs? "Is everyone finished with their cover sheets?" "I-L-Y-B... umm, just a second! I-R-I-S..."

-I had hoped Vbigail Love was a typo, but it appeared twice on the site. :(

-Dustand Snow. Twin with Iceand Rain.

-Jesus Christian has a fantastically fitting name. So does Niobe River.

-Kyran Che Saylor looks like he is ready to fight the system already.

-I wonder about the classical names some parents choose for their babies. I really wonder whether the parents of Juvenal have in fact read Juvenal. I know the parents of Octavious Jeffery Lee don't know anything about classical civilization, or they would have spelled Octavius correctly. And the parents of Seneca Marie obviously have no clue Seneca was in fact a man. Unless they are members of the same naming school of thought as Tommie Michael's parents.

-Summer Raby looks like she caught summer rabies.

-Do you think the parents of Yale James and Bishop Garcia have high ambitions for their sons?

-Isis Lynn Calypso says "AHHH, too many unflattering mythological names!!"

-Yurae Lauren "Yurae Lauren? I'm a Lauren!!"

-I sincerely hope Sincere Hope is able to change her name at eighteen.

-Dasanee Darnel is named after bottled water.

-Heisei Manual sounds like a book on Asian massage or martial arts.