Tygerlilie, Valhalla and Ezra (on a girl)

Original post August 22, 2005


I discovered a new board, and OH BOY GUYS, it's the mother lode. Haha, get it? Mother lode? Hm.

Mom-to-be #1: Eulayshia - what do you think about this name?
Mom-to-be #2: it makes me think of euthanasia

One girl likes the names Merrimei and Seven. As in "Marry me" and the numeral. She says, "These are my favorite names, besides Ariana." I think maybe she should stick with Ariana.

One mom says, I am 5 months pregnant and considering names for my baby. I already have a 2 year old son called Winnifred and a 4 year old daughter called Meadow. I love the name Irony for a girl, but do you think that the meaning would be unfair to the child? I also like the names Tygerlilie and Prince. Please give me some feedback on what you think of these names.

User RedSoxFan provides helpful commentary: I can't see Irony on a child, unless the situation it occured was ironic.. like you took a million steps to prevent the conception yet it still happened, but that would just be mean.. and you would have to explain it to the child. RedSoxFan's favorite names are Faelyn Rose, Svetlana Grace, Lysandra Macaria, and Breydun Lee.

One mother is considering Antigone. A mom who has obviously done some background research. Another user comments, “Sounds like a wart remover or a bug spray - Anti-Gone!”

Another mom is considering “Caprese.” As in Insalata Caprese. She is pronouncing it “Caprice.” Caprice indeed.

There is an entire thread on "Gothic names." Unsurprisingly, these are not names like Odo, Etheldreda and Jean Pucelle, but names like Raven and Wednesday. In fact,

Demonica for a girl and Davin for a boy
Morgana Faye and Mordred
Dawn and Dusk
Isolde and Tristan
Sigyn and Loki Lucas Gabriel
Talon Malachai Trueblood
Dragana
Jezebel
Nightshade
Nerolia
Ember
Ash
Blade
Zoe Malice
Tabitha Soulstice
Shannara Rain
Paisley Ariana
Autumn Rain
For a boy, Dracula, Lusfer, Dhamipr, Crow, and Wolf
Girl names, Moon, Darlar, Chilmmide, Rubella
(Rubella? GREAT NAME RESEARCH, MOM!)
Belladonna
Chalice
Dementia
(takes after her parents)
Atarii
(AWESOME)
Lucifer
Ragnor
Satan
(having a toddler named Satan would at least be pretty accurate)
Valhalla
(VALHALLA I AM COMING!)
Coal
Drear
Envy
Fallen
Lost
(what would you tell the guy at the supermarket if you lost your kid and had to page him over the intercom? “I lost my kid Lost.” “Sorry, what?”)
Nothing
(this kid would never have self-esteem issues)
Pagan
Shadow
Silence
(HOW IRONIC would it be to name a newborn this?)
Sorrow
Sullen
Velvet
Toozdae
Drusilla
Cyd/Cyd Charisse
(I think she’s serious)
Babylon
Calamity
(yup.)
Cinder
(triplet to Ember and Ash)
Drakkar
Dred
Eclipse
Fate
Glacier
Gossamer
Grail
Gusty
(hope this kid’s a farter)
Hades
Icy
Imperia
Jinx
(Now we know where Persephanie got her name)
Kaige
(In spite of my rage, I am still just a rat in a Kaige.)
Labyrinth
Lore
(This would be a good middle name for Narnia, actually!)
Maleficent
Mink
Omen
Onyx
Pentecost
Peregrine
Prysm
Ransom
Remember
Rosary
Sabbath
Siberia
Talon
Trilogy
(it would be sad if Trilogy were an only child)
Tsunami
(I’d hate to change this kid’s diapers)
Amen
Camelot
Dragon
Electra
(Electra would be hellbent on killing her mother – just like her namesake)
Faerie
Hades
Hapi
(as in Happy? THIS ISN’T A GOTH NAME, GET OUT OF HERE!)
Hecate
Hecuba
Leviathan
(a teenage girl would have no body image issues whatsoever if her name were Leviathan, I bet!)
Loki
Medusa
(hate to comb this kid’s hair)
Mecca
Nemesis
(good name for an ornery toddler)
Phaedra
Poseidon
(I suspect you actually wouldn’t want to potty-train a kid named "God of the Waters")
Proteus
Rameses
Thor
Valkyrie
Xanadu
Calyx Acacia 'Caly'
(For extra fun, check out this Acacia Calyx!)
Eleanore Hiver (Hiver is winter in French)
(That’s true, but most people in America don’t speak French. Hey BeeHiver!)
Lillith Moon Eternity
Willow Sangria
(Yum!)
Kestral
Obsidian
Napolean
[sic]
Oz
Malaise
Charlotte
(UH OH!)
Crescentia
Oleander


Queen_Lamia suggests:

FOR A GIRL:
CHLAMYDIA
(I SWEAR I am not making this up)
FARINA
(Spanish for "flour")
FINITY
(think of the jokes her boyfriends could make about being "in Finity")
GRAINNE
(Farina Grainne would be a great name)
NEPHTHYS
(hope the kid won’t have a lisp)
PIXIE
RASPUTINA
SUSPIRIA
SYN

DAMIEN
DAEMON
(no doubt a variation on Damien)
GNASH
HADRIAN
MORDRED MYRIAMEL



What can I even say, folks? What can I even say?

EDIT: Forgot to add Ezra Alexavia. For a girl.