Of Sardines and Spellchecks

Original post March 29, 2006


It's true: this is my new favorite site. It's the user comments that really put me over the edge.


Dargana
The name Dargana refers to anything dark, evil hearted, dragon-like, or daughter of darkness.

In other words, a perfect name for a child!

Etoile
(et-twa ~best I can do with pronounciation) It means "star" in French and I purchased a bracelet in France that had a statement that just made me weak at the knees "une sardine qui revait qu'elle etatit une etoile"; which means "a female fish who dreams of being a star" and it is a statement that I very much relate to.

I'm not exactly sure what to make of this, except that I now feel kind of hungry for seafood. Or maybe astronomy?

Dymond
DYMOND LEIGH: MAINLY BECAUSE A DIAMOND IS A WOMENS #1 GIFT ..AND THATS WHAT MY BABY GIRL WOULD BE TO ME

Unfortunately, a spell-check is a woman's #2 gift.

Erutan
And another one of my absolute faves is Erutan. This is nature spelled backwards and it is beautiful.

Is it just me, or doesn't this sound like the thing the missing Virginia settlers carved into a pole before they disappeared?

Eponine
this name is french and is form the famous musicle Les Miserables. (is a musicle like a popsicle or an icicle?) its a kind name that makes me think of a poor but humble girl (as opposed to those poor and haughty ones)
Who wouldn't want to be named Eponine? It's got this great European sound to it. Besides, you have the Les Miserables character. Let's see, who wouldn't want to be named after the whiny bitch daughter who feels sorry for herself in song... um... let's see here...

Eevee
It is sweet and spunky, a different spelling of Evie.

I think it needs another E.


Category: UM WHAT?

Demona
It's like an medevial name,on which I think is realy cool.

Demonica
This name is really unusual and it's a alternate form of Monica

Eclipsedsky
I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to names like this. The poignant drama of the momentary darkness and primal fear associated with eclipses, but the hope and faith that the sun will once again shine...